A390 resurfacing at Gunnislake
Major work to improve the surface of the A390 through Gunnislake will start on Monday 22 January and last until approximately 9 February, providing no adverse weather conditions prolong the schedule.
The surfacing is needed to bring the road up to standard and able to meet the requirements of the 6000 or so traffic movements we see passing through the village every day.
During the works the road will be closed to through traffic, Monday to Friday, from 9.30am to 4.30pm.
- A signed diversion route of around 25 miles will take off-peak local traffic and non-local traffic along the A388 through Callington and Treburley, then the B3362 through Milton Abbot, re-joining the A390 north of Gulworthy.
- Phase one starts Monday 22 January
Newbridge Hill closed as far as Under Road junction.
- Phase two starts Monday 29 January
From Under Road junction, through the village centre.
- Phase three starts Monday 5 February
Remainder of A390 through village up to Sand Hill.
- Access to homes and local amenities will be maintained as much as possible.
- Traffic marshalls will be on site at key locations to help provide access through the works for residents and those needing critical facilities, such as the doctor’s surgery.
- The morning run of school buses will not be affected, and access will be managed for the afternoon pick up, although the work may have some impact on timings.
- Plymouth Citybus will operate a revised timetable for their 79/79A service between Callington and Tavistock
- During road closure hours, a free taxi link between Gunnislake Square and Gunnislake train station will be provided by Darren’s Cars. Taxis will need to be booked by 5pm the day before travel.
We always do what we can to minimise the disturbance to our local communities. This is one reason why the work is being undertaken in winter, well away from the tourism season.
The works are being undertaken on behalf of Cornwall Council. For any enquiries relating to this work please call 0300 1234 222.
- Copy of letter to residents informing of works
- Public transport service disruptions information from Cornwall Council