We are recognised as being one of the South West's leading Civil Engineering contractors.
We are a major employer in the region and are locally based with a multi-skilled local workforce and a range of specifically skilled and highly trained staff.
What we can do for you
CORMAC Contracting team promote a partnered approach to projects, working together with our clients and suppliers as a team to enhance whole-life value while reducing total cost, improving quality, innovating and delivering a project more effectively. Our team will deliver solutions for a range of construction requirements including:
- Major construction, civil engineering and infrastructure schemes, including design and build "turn key" solutions.
- Highway works including Section 278 and Section 38 highway infrastructure for developers.
- Marine and coastal works.
- Car park construction.
- Service installations/diversions.
- Land remediation including invasive weeds, contaminated land and mining remediation.
- Highway improvements and maintenance including structures, junction improvements, drainage, paved and surfaced areas.
- Building, property refurbishment and construction.
- Bridge and retaining wall strengthening and replacement works.
- Footway and cycleway construction.
- Statutory undertaker and subcontractors consultation, liaison and works planning.
- Project management; in accordance with our assured approach to management "The CORMAC way".
CORMAC hold a number of industry accreditations:
- ISO 9001:2000 Quality Management
- ISO 14001 Environment Management
- OHAS 18001 Health and Safety Management
- Contractors Health and Safety Accreditation Scheme (CHAS).
We register our major projects with the Considerate Constructors Scheme and regularly achieve "performance beyond compliance". All of our staff hold the five day construction Site Managers Safety Certificate and all operatives are multiskilled and hold CSCS cards as a minimum.
CORMAC has a growing turnover and as a Cornwall Council owned company has a functional and technical pedigree. We are evolving and diversifying to increase our presence in all areas of construction in varying markets throughout Cornwall and the South West.
We are happy to work with local authorities, large organisations and private clients to deliver a tailored construction service to meet your needs.