Building a Better Bodmin
Building a Better Bodmin is a series of 12 schemes aimed at aiding the development of new affordable housing, improving the town's irrigation systems, and creating a comprehensive cycle and walking network.
Find more information about this project, its history and why it's being undertaken, on Cornwall Council's website.
Click image to enlarge
There are substantial roadworks around the Bodmin area at the moment. Detours are well signed, so please do not rely on satnav while these works are in place.
- HGV and main through-traffic via Highgate Hill
- HGV access route to Fore Street
- Launceston Road and Cooksland Road
- Official recommended diversion east and westbound via Lanivet
- One-way system master map
- NEW - one-way system from 12 June as result of Dunmere Road works
Last updated: Friday 19 May
- Traffic management is in place at Callywith and being continually monitored and adjusted to protect the workforce and to reduce speed limits. This will include the use of three-way traffic lights on Callywith Road from time to time.
- Old Callywith Road will be closed from the Monday 12 to Monday 19 of June. We’ll update you on traffic management measures on our website and in the next newsletter.
- Background to the Callywith scheme available on the Cornwall Council website.
Church Square/Dennison Road/Turf Street
- Adding the red asphalt surface is currently planned to start on 22 May and will last approximately two weeks. The road will be done in phases, with sections of the road closed and/or under traffic management for short periods and then moved as work progresses further down the road.
- Church Square is coming on well and we are on with the stone paving.
We remain confident of opening both of these in time for the Royal Cornwall Show. We would also like to be able to open Turf Street, but given the current wet weather and the need to concentrate our efforts on the major routes through town, this may not be possible.
- Two-way traffic lights remain in place on the A389 Dunmere Road between Boundary Road and the ‘Home Bargains’ junction from Monday 24 April to Friday 2 June.
- Don’t forget that a diversion route will be introduced from 12 June.
- Work has been ongoing and surfacing will take place soon. We expect the path to be open in June.
Priory Road/Launceston Road
- Surfacing of Priory Road will take place for one week starting on 22 May. This will take place under traffic lights. Work on the footpaths on the north side will follow. Pedestrian access to Church Square will be via the path on the other side (south side, next to Priory Park).
- The roundabout at Launceston Road is open, and we are now completing the landscaping and adding signage.
- Resurfacing of the carriageway on Launceston Road is being undertaken as and when spare resources are available. Works will take place under traffic management.
- Site clearance is taking place and we have started work on realigning the junctions. This is currently being done without any traffic management, but this will be introduced once all the works we can do without impacting on traffic has been completed. Once Dennison Road and Church Square are complete, our efforts will concentrate on this section of the scheme. This will involve lane closures and traffic management. More information will be made available when this time approaches.
At a glance
The map below gives a comprehensive overview of roadworks and any traffic issues in the area around Bodmin. Please note that it includes any works taking place on the road network, not just those being undertaken by CORMAC.
Stay up to date
We produce a regular newsletter, which can be sent by post or email, updating you on the progress of the schemes.
0300 1234 222
For any queries in relation to accessibility around the works, please contact Councillor Peter Skea on: firstname.lastname@example.org or 07766514395