Building a Better Bodmin
Building a Better Bodmin is a series of 12 schemes aimed at aiding the development of new affordable housing, improving the town's irrigation systems, and creating a comprehensive cycle and walking network.
Find more information about this project, its history and why it's being undertaken, on Cornwall Council's website.
Click image to enlarge
There are substantial roadworks around the Bodmin area at the moment. Detours are well signed, so please do not rely on satnav while these works are in place.
- HGV and main through-traffic via Highgate Hill
- HGV access route to Fore Street
- Launceston Road and Cooksland Road
- Official recommended diversion east and westbound via Lanivet
- One-way system master map
- NEW - one-way system from 12 June as result of Dunmere Road works
Last updated: Monday 20 March
- 30mph temporary speed limit now in place.
- Earthworks, drainage and the stripping of top soil.
- Construction of an infiltration pond, which will act as a repository for all drainage to run into.
- Background to the Callywith scheme available on the Cornwall Council website.
- Church Square is progressing well. We are on the final phase and the square will be reopen to traffic in time for the Royal Cornwall Show. Work will continue to take place around the shop fronts on Honey Street.
- Traffic management will be in place at the bottom of Cardell Road from 13 March. This will allow us to join Railway Terrace to the schemes linking Scarlet’s Well and Berrycombe Road.
- Installation of the granite crossings on Dennison Road is progressing well. We will then lay the red asphalt. The road will be fully open to traffic in time for the Royal Cornwall Show.
- We are also adding leat protection to the outlet on Church Lane.
- A new roundabout is being built on Dunmere Road as part of the new Wainhomes housing development. This isn't part of the Bodmin SEP scheme, but given its proximity, we are including it within the wider works for information purposes.
- A handy print out is available for background information and key dates.
Higher Bore Street
- The anti-skid surfacing has been added. This section of the works is now complete.
Launceston Road and Priory Road Roundabout
- Drainage and kerbing works continue on the south side of Priory Road roundabout. Once done, surfacing will take place, opening to traffic mid-to-late April. This will allow us to work on concentrate footpaths and landscaping.
- The footpath linking the dam to the skate park will be worked on during the Easter holidays, minimising disruption for the nearby school.
Turf Street and Mount Folly
- With our night time operations on the entrance to Priory car park, and works outside the toilets complete, we will now move onto daytime operations in this area.
- Kerb realignments and footway widening along Turf Street.
- Day time shift work to follow on Mount Folly including; site clearance, removal of traffic signals (with temporary traffic management to replace), and excavation in preparation for the granite paving.
At a glance
The map below gives a comprehensive overview of roadworks and any traffic issues in the area around Bodmin. Please note that it includes any works taking place on the road network, not just those being undertaken by CORMAC.
Stay up to date
We produce a regular newsletter, which can be sent by post or email, updating you on the progress of the schemes.
0300 1234 222
For any queries in relation to accessibility around the works, please contact Councillor Peter Skea on: email@example.com or 07766514395