Building a Better Bodmin
Building a Better Bodmin is a series of 12 schemes aimed at aiding the development of new affordable housing, improving the town's irrigation systems, and creating a comprehensive cycle and walking network.
Find more information about this project, its history and why it's being undertaken, on Cornwall Council's website.
Roadworks remain in some areas around Bodmin. Any detours are well signed, so please do not rely on satnav while these works are in place.
Last updated: Friday 16 June
- There will be two-way traffic lights in place from Wednesday 21 June to Friday 23 June at the top of Launceston Road. Please be advised that high traffic volumes, when combined with the ongoing Highways England work on the A30, could lead to delays.
- Traffic management is in place at Callywith and being continually monitored and adjusted to protect the workforce and to reduce speed limits. This will include the use of three-way traffic lights on Callywith Road from time to time.
- Background to the Callywith scheme available on the Cornwall Council website.
Church Square/Dennison Road/Turf Street
- As we promised, Church Square and Dennison Road opened late on 7 June, and will remain open. Contrary to some rumours, this was not a temporary measure for the Royal Cornwall Show.
- Turf Street opened on 15 June.
- There will be temporary traffic lights for works on Mount Folly through June (week commencing Monday 26) and July. As there used to be lights there anyway, the amount of ‘new’ disruption will be on par with what was considered normal prior to the start of the works.
- The diversion route that we put in place on 12 June did not work as well as we might have expected. While we examine the reasons why and investigate alternative options, we will revert back to two-way traffic lights.
- The new paths have been surfaced and are open. We are now working on vegetation clearance and repairs on the older paths.
- Three-way traffic management will be in place from Monday, 19 June.
At a glance
The map below gives a comprehensive overview of roadworks and any traffic issues in the area around Bodmin. Please note that it includes any works taking place on the road network, not just those being undertaken by CORMAC.
Stay up to date
We produce a regular newsletter, which can be sent by post or email, updating you on the progress of the schemes.
0300 1234 222