Truro Western Corridor Package
The Truro Western Corridor Package is a programme of investment in transport measures designed to support business growth, create jobs and manage the impact of housing growth on the transport network.
For more information please visit: Cornwall Council Truro Western Corridor Package.
Last updated: Monday 20 March
Statement regarding Threemilestone delays
We would like to apologise for any delays experienced by motorists in the Threemilestone area over the weekend and earlier this morning (Monday 20 March). The works at Chyvelah Road junction had created a problem for larger vehicles such as buses and HGVs using the junction. As a result temporary traffic lights were introduced to give them more time to leave or join the traffic safely. The works at this junction are not connected to the bus gate, which was opened last week and which is operating effectively.
We have reviewed the situation will be trialling a new system to improve the flow of traffic around the works. If successful this revised system will be put in place while the works are carried out over the next week. We will also be providing additional signage to support the revised system during the morning and evening rush hour to ease congestion in the area. Outside of peak times and during our works at night temporary traffic lights will be back in operation. We will be monitoring the situation closely and advise motorists who use the A30 Chiverton / A390 route to leave extra time for their journey.
We are doing all we can to reduce inconvenience for road users and thank everyone for their patience.
- Acoustic tents/barriers in place to reduce noise when work is taking place.
- Weeknights, 6.30pm to 6.30am, the dual carriageway between Treliske roundabout and Maiden Green (MacDonalds) roundabout, will be reduced to one lane in both directions to enable work on the walkways. Provision will be made for pedestrians during this time. 30mph speed limit will apply throughout.
- The bus lane between the Maiden Green roundabout and the Treliske roundabout is temporarily closed to facilitate the works. The bus stops will still be accessible, though occasionally there may be some temporary closures. In those cases, signs will direct pedestrians along safe walkways, to alternative stops. Bus lane closures may be partial or full, varying at different times and depending on the stage of work. It is expected that this will last two to three months.
- Towards the end of March, when the work on the central reservation is complete, we’ll be focussing our efforts on widening the pavements, Truro bound.
- You may have noticed we have temporarily changed the road layout to facilitate the works. The surface at the moment is a temporary one, so please reduce your speed and drive with extra care on the approaches to the roundabout.
- Lane closure on the Truro-bound arm off the main roundabout to allow for drainage works and to add an extension to the existing bus lane.
- Construction of new footway on the approach to the park and ride entrances.
- By the end of March/early April, the existing mini roundabout at Chyvelah Road will be removed and replaced with a signalised three-way junction.
- In order to maintain daytime traffic flow, work will be carried out at night time.
If you expect to have entry or delivery requirements on which our work is likely to have an impact, please contact Cornwall Council on 0300 1234 222.
At a glance
The map below gives a comprehensive overview of roadworks and any traffic issues in the area around the A390 Corridor scheme. Please note that it includes any works taking place on the road network, not just those being undertaken by CORMAC.
Stay up to date
0300 1234 222
We produce a regular e-newsletter about the scheme. If you would like to receive it, please use the subscribe box below.