Truro bus station
Truro Bus Station will be closed to the public from Monday 26 March while refurbishment works take place.
Taking around ten weeks to complete, the work includes resurfacing the road around the station and along Green Street, replacing damaged railings, cleaning the building structure, repainting the building's metal work and installing more real time passenger information signs.
The majority of the work will be within the station itself, so you may see an increase of on street buses as the station will be unavailable. During the closure, buses will arrive and depart from various locations around the city centre:
- Services T1, T2, 85 and 87: Arrive at Boscawen Street and depart from Victoria Square
- Services 46, 47 and T3: Arrive at Boscawen Street and depart from Lemon Quay
- Services U1, 36 and 66: Arrive at Lemon Quay and depart from Lemon Quay
- Services 22, 27, 50, 51, 90, 92, 93, 94 and 95: Arrive at Quay Street and depart from Boscawen Street
- Services 304: Arrive at Boscawan Street and depart from Lemon Quay
- Services to arrive and depart from the Coach Park on Fairmantle Street
- Services to arrive and depart from Lemon Quay
Staff from First Kernow will be available around the bus station, Boscawen Street and Victoria Square.
A road closure of around a week will be in place for the resurfacing of Green Street.
The works on the station form part of a wider £150m council-led programme of public transport improvements using Growth Deal funding from the Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Local Enterprise Partnership.
We understand that this may cause some disruption to those businesses and residents in the nearby vicinity, although every effort will be made to minimise any disturbance you might experience.
If you have any queries or concerns, or would like to speak to someone about this, please call 0300 1234 222 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org