Ensuring health and safety
Safety is our number one priority, making sure we play our part in improving workplaces for our employees, clients, partners and the public. We are aspiring towards zero incidents and accidents, where injury becomes a thing of the past.
Safety First can best be described as a core value; something which everyone from the managing director to the newest employee, believes in. That belief needs to be visible, and demonstrated in everything we do. Safety First needs to be embedded in the culture of the company. It means incorporating safety from the start, first time and every time.
Our Safety First strategy:
- puts safety at the forefront of everything we do, avoiding unnecessary risks, promoting and creating a safe working environment
- makes sure we act and behave so that we stay safe and keep the environment and people around us safe
- ensures safety is everyone’s responsibility. We must challenge and report anything we think is unsafe or wrong - don’t walk by
- means that we continually improve our safety, health and environmental performance, through “no blame”, honesty and reporting of incidents, near misses, and unsafe situations
- sees us “design in” safe working practices (avoiding risk) and plan our health, safety, welfare and environmental management before we start our work and continually monitor progress
- understands and complies with our policies, procedures and rules, ensuring all people have the necessary support, training and competencies to do their job safely
- commits to our aspiration of zero incidents and accidents.