Cormac is a part of the Corserv group. We take your privacy seriously at Corserv. Find out more about how we protect your privacy and which cookies we use and why.
Below is the introduction extracted from the Corserv group of companies Privacy Notice.
Corserv respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice will inform you as to how we look after your personal data when you visit our website (regardless of where you visit it from) and tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
1. Important information about who we are
Purpose of this privacy notice
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how Corserv collects and processes your personal data through your use of this website, including any data you may provide through this website when you sign up to our newsletter, or create an account.
It is important that you read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data.
See the full Privacy Notice
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. Some cookies are used for advertising, so you are shown adverts that are more personalised to you, based on your previous internet behaviour.
Some examples of cookies could be:
- storing information to personalise the website to your chosen requirements
- a website that sells things may use a cookie to record items you have in a shopping basket
- cookies can be used to record users behaviour on a website, for example to record the pages they have viewed
There are two different types of cookie that can be placed in your browser by a website:
Session cookies are only used for the period you use the website, and are deleted when you close your web browser. A new cookie would then be placed in your web browser if you were to visit the same website again in the future.
Persistent cookies remain in your browser once you have left the site and closed your web browser. The next time you visit the site the information in the cookie will be used to ensure the website works as set up at the previous visit. For example to display certain things on the homepage. Persistent cookies will expire if the website that set them is not visited again within a certain timescale.
Cookies on the website
We use a number of different cookies on the Corserv website and the sub domains and third party systems we run.
- We use a google analytics cookie on our website and all our online systems to record website usage. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. We collect this information in a way which does not identify anyone, we do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting any of our websites, and we do not share this information with anyone.
- We use a number of essential session cookies to enable certain parts of the website to function properly.
If you have any questions about the way cookies are used on these sites, or how you may be affected please contact us.
Managing cookies on your computer
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit the about cookies website.
You can choose to block the cookies that are set by the Corserv website. However you must be aware that doing so may mean that parts of the site will not work correctly.
The law that controls how cookies are used on websites has changed. There is more information about cookies on the Information Commissioner’s website.