A39 Falmouth Gateway - Treluswell Roundabout
Treluswell roundabout is located at a crucial intersection of the A39 and the A394, joining Truro, Falmouth, Redruth and Penryn.
A total of £2.9million has been secured by Cornwall Council to improve traffic management in the area, allowing the building of a large, single roundabout.
Improved access to the nearby Penvale Villas, just off the roundabout on the A39 to Truro, is included in the plan.
To find out more about the package, please visit the Cornwall Council website.
Last updated: Friday 26 May
- From Tuesday 30 May until the Friday 9 June we will be carrying out drainage works at the Treluswell roundabout. Four-way traffic lights will in place from 7pm each evening and remain in place overnight. The road will remain open, though some delays can be expected. It will operate as normal during daytime hours. Thank you for your patience.
- For the first few months of work (up until around the end of June), most of the work will take place off the road, so there will be little or no disturbance to normal traffic flow.
- We are building a new lane joining from the A39 from Truro to the B3292 into Penryn. Once this is complete, the current arm of the roundabout will be closed down and traffic will switch to the new lane.
- A new retaining wall is being built at the side of the railway to aid the widening of the new road. This will take up to six months to be completed, but again, won’t disturb normal day-to-day traffic.
- Four-way traffic management remains in place at night at certain times of the project when needed.
At a glance
The map below gives a comprehensive overview of roadworks and any traffic issues in the area around Treluswell roundabout. Please note that it includes any works taking place on the road network, not just those being undertaken by CORMAC.
Stay up to date
0300 1234 222
We produce a regular e-newsletter about the scheme. If you would like to receive it, please use the subscribe box below.