Redruth Gateway is part of the Redruth Strategic Employment Growth Package (RSEGP); a set of schemes designed to aid the growth and development of the Redruth area, both economically and environmentally. The scheme involves major works on the A3047 to Blowinghouse roundabout, and numerous walking and cycling schemes in the area.
To find out more about the package, please visit the Cornwall Council website.
Last updated: Friday 8 September
Overnight closures, A3047
Between Monday 11 September and Sunday 29 October, the A3047 between Avers Roundabout and Blowinghouse Roundabout will be closed overnight between 7pm and 7am. This is to carry out resurfacing, to install signals and lighting and to paint white lines on the highway. We have to close the road while we carry out this work as it cannot be done safely while the road is open.
As this work will be taking place overnight, it is possible that you may experience some associated noise or disruption. We will make every effort to keep disturbance to an absolute minimum, at all times, especially for those businesses and residents close by.
Road closure at Tolgus Mount
From Monday 11 September the road between the A3047 and Tolgus Mount (to the entrance of Tricky's @the Tolgus Inn) will be closed so we can carry out work to install kerb lines and improve drainage. We will also be constructing a signalised crossing for traffic joining the A3047 from Tolgus Mount.
We expect to complete this work by Friday 22 September, however this will depend on us having favourable weather conditions. Signed diversions will be in place and the work will take place during the day.
All businesses along the closure and the diversion route will be open to customers.
- The contraflow has been switched over to the new layout outside the school.
- The traffic continues to flow freely and this layout will remain in place for the coming month.
- We will be building a new footpath to and from the school and inserting tactile paving at the pedestrian crossing. We are also now completing the ducting and curbing works to the central reservation and carrying out drainage work to the eastbound carriageway.
- Blowinghouse roundabout continues to undergo alterations, with the island and kerbs being made bigger and the carriageway smaller to allow for the walking and cycling path and – eventually - traffic lights.
- We have started widening the footpaths at Mount Ambrose opposite the Factory Shop. This is part of the walking and cycling network.
Murdoch and Trevithick
- One of the buildings on the Murdoch and Trevithick site remains in place. By law, we are not allowed to disturb nesting birds, so works will recommence at the end of the nesting season.
- Walking and cycling work is underway on Chapel Steet, where speed bumps and tactile paving will be constructed. Access to and from the A3047 will remain as it is.
- The following week we move to Tolgus Hill, then up Chapel Street in stages, for around six weeks. We will be constructing six sets of speed bumps, two raised crossings, installing speed friction panels and doing work on the pavements and kerbs. The traffic management will move with the work as it progresses up Chapel Street, towards the permanent lights at Fore Street.
- It is anticipated that this particular phase of the walking and cycling works will be complete by around mid-September.
At a glance
The map below gives a comprehensive overview of roadworks and any traffic issues in the area around the Redruth Gateway scheme. Please note that it includes any works taking place on the road network, not just those being undertaken by CORMAC.
Stay up to date
We produce a monthly e-newsletter about the scheme. If you would like to sign up to receive it, please use the subscribe box below.
0300 1234 222