Truro Western Corridor Package
The Truro Western Corridor Package is a programme of investment in transport measures designed to support business growth, create jobs and manage the impact of housing growth on the transport network.
For more information please visit: Cornwall Council Truro Western Corridor Package.
Last updated: Monday 9 October
Highertown /County Arms pub area
We expect to be surfacing the footpath opposite the County Arms pub towards the end of week starting 2 October. A few issues with drainage have had an impact on the work.
The surfacing from Penwethers Lane to the roundabout adjacent to Sainsbury’s and the council offices at County Hall, is programmed to start on Monday 16 October for four nights, and then for another four nights from Monday 30 October. We are staggering the work like this to avoid impacting on half term week.
It will be necessary to periodically close the access to the A390 for a few hours as we surface the junctions at Malabar Road, Penwethers Lane and Dobbs Lane. These works will be happening at night. We would be grateful if people could use the other entrance to each road when work is underway. We appreciate that this will add some time to your journey.
The lining is planned to start after Monday 6 November. Like a lot of construction work as we approach winter, the weather may become an issue. We will provide updates closer to the time.
We are starting to install the new drainage and ducts into the centre of the roundabout. This will mean that, on occasion, it will be necessary to travel up to the Maiden Green roundabout (near McDonalds) and turn back on yourself in order to access the hospital and Oak Lane. The works will be done at night so hopefully this will keep the inconvenience to a minimum.
The surfacing is programmed to start at night on the 6 November and will last for three weeks, if possible we will start some of the preliminary works the week before. In order to maintain as much access as possible we will be using temporary traffic lights, the location of which may have to change from night to night, so the traffic routes will change as the work progresses.
While the surfacing is ongoing, we will also start the installation of the new traffic light system.
The majority of works will be carried out at night after 8pm.
Other nearby works
The following are unrelated to the Truro Western Corridor scheme, but given their proximity, are being included here for information.
- We are undertaking works to Moorfield car park from Monday 9 October to Wednesday 29 November.
- To make sure the car park operation is maintained during these works and to make sure it can be completed in time for Christmas, some elements will have to be undertaken at night time. As usual, we will try to finish the noisiest works before 11pm, although this is not always possible. We apologise in advance for any inconvenience this may cause.
- Work started on Monday, 25 September.
- Any impacts in terms of traffic and noise will be minimal.
- Media release can be found here
- This is section 278 work undertaken to provide access to the Persimmons development.
- We are now working in the Persimmon site, continuing construction of the entrance to the development itself, installing drainage and carrying out general excavation. All of this will be daytime work.
- As the month progresses we’ll continue with kerbing, building the new carriageway, construction of the bus stop and installation of traffic signal cabling.
If you expect to have entry or delivery requirements on which our work is likely to have an impact, please contact Cornwall Council on 0300 1234 222.
At a glance
The map below gives a comprehensive overview of roadworks and any traffic issues in the area around the A390 Corridor scheme. Please note that it includes any works taking place on the road network, not just those being undertaken by CORMAC.
Stay up to date
0300 1234 222
We produce a regular e-newsletter about the scheme. If you would like to receive it, please use the subscribe box below.