Drainage and flooding on the highway

You should report a problem with any highways in the county directly to Cornwall Council.


To report urgent problems of flooding on the highway please call 0300 1234 222 (24 hours during emergencies) giving details of the location. In extreme weather conditions with heavy rainfall, work will be prioritised depending upon the severity.

For all non-urgent problems, such as blocked gullies and drains, please call 0300 1234 222 during normal opening hours (8.30am to 6pm Monday to Friday), or email roadstransportandparking@cornwall.gov.uk or use the 'report a problem' button above.

Drains and pipes carrying sewage are the responsibility of South West Water and problems should be reported to them.

Our short guide to drainage maintenance explains the services we provide on behalf of Cornwall Council in preparation for and during flooding on the highway. More detailed information about who does what during a flood can be found on the council's website.

Our services

Major projects

Roadworks and traffic

Cormac programming


Work for us

About us