Drainage maintenance and flooding on the highway

Flooding on the highway

Our short guide to drainage maintenance explains the services that CORMAC provides on behalf of Cornwall Council in preparation for and during flooding on the highway. More detailed information about who does what during a flood can be found on the Council's website here.

To report urgent problems of flooding please telephone 0300 1234 222 (24 hours during emergencies) giving details of the location. In extreme weather conditions with heavy rainfall, work will be prioritised depending upon the severity.

For all non-urgent problems, such as blocked gullies and drains, please telephone our Highways Team on 0300 1234 222 during normal opening hours (8:30am to 6pm Monday to Friday), or email roadstransportandparking@cornwall.gov.uk or use out report a highway problem form.

Please note - drains and pipes carrying sewage are the responsibility of the water authority and problems should be reported direct to them on 0800 169 1144 (Calls to this number are free from landline phones, however, mobiles charges may apply)

Current projects

Latest news

Who we are

What we do


Roadworks and traffic