Dropped kerbs

If you intend to drive a vehicle over the footway into your driveway, you will need a dropped kerb.

Driving over the footpath without a dropped kerb is breaking the law and you may be liable for any damage caused.

If you are creating a new vehicle access or off-road parking space you may need to apply for planning permission depending on the location and category of road.

We are an accredited contractor and our inspection team will make sure the work is compliant to highway standards.

The kerbs will be replaced with lower units and a splay kerb to each side of the crossing for new construction. Where an existing crossing exists this will be extended where appropriate. The crossing will be excavated and rebuilt to protect all utility services that are below the surface from any damage and sufficient design to support private light goods or similar vehicles.

Apply for a dropped kerb

To start your application you can read more on Cornwall Council website or contact Cornwall Council Streetworks Team, to request a footway crossover application pack. 

If you have a completed pack and would like a competitive quote, please get in touch.

Our services

Major projects

Roadworks and traffic

Cormac programming


Work for us

About us